gyaan.in

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

gyaan.in was shut down on 24th September 2013. Thanks to the entire community which made this journey so awesomeballs. Read more.
TCS IT WIZ 09
  • Congratulations to Apratim and Arnav from New Era to finish 3rd among 909 teams from Delhi. The two " Little Darlings " of the Quiz as said by PickBrain - a commendable performance , just mind blowing !!!! The Little Wizards I wud say
    Congrats to Prateek too for winning Audience Prize . Waise , wat did u win ?
    ( I was the one sitting behind you and knowing this answer but just missed by a whisker of a second , hd read the same question in Quiz Booklet which they gave  before Prelims in the break )

It was first and last TCS Quiz for me and I really had a nice experience . I had no interest in IT and had just gone to see Pickbrain and He was simply great !! It was the first time in any Quiz ( as far as I know ) that 2 prelims were conducted due to soooo large participation by Delhi  . Some questions were quite same in 2 sets but I felt that the set 1 was a bit easier . The Finals were awesome with some incredible questions . Overall a great day spent !!!

And New Era proved  their dominance once again !!!
  • Results of the Quiz
     Winners --- DPS , Noida
    Runners Up ---- Sardat Patel Vidyalaya
    Second Runners Up --- New Era Public School
    Fourth Place was bagged jointly by
    Blue Bells , DPS,VK and DPS,RKP
  • Is it so necessary to make duplicate threads?
  • I didnt saw ur thread , and waise ur thread only has results . I have given a short description too !!
  • Another mod, delete any of the two discussions you wish.
  • unbelievable...the kids team qualified and not the senior team!!!!!!!!!!
  • congrats to apratim and arnav!!!...god...such a big victory !!!
  • yup amrit....when Giri announced the 5 teams , I was shocked hw can Prateek miss this - but den he announced the last team to reach top 6 - New Era Public School , I was sure that its gonna be Prateek , but when the names came - Apratim and Arnav , I was just
  • yaar...who were the ones from DPS VK?
  • V S Karthick and Vivek Nair.
  • hmm...they a good team...
  • thanks amrit
  • Thank you amanw and amrit_george just did not believe it when pickbrain said that NEPS had qualified first I thought that prateek bhaiya had qualified but when he announced my and Arnav name we were just shocked. Its gud to win 3rd position in a prestigious IT Quiz at debut.BTW they still hav not given us our Leela hotel coupons and the certificates.
    TCS IT Wiz Roxx !!!
    Gyaan.in Roxx !!!
  • i had never expected this
  • @apratim and arnav
    no problem guys...how much u scored in the prelims?
  • Congrats to both of u - great quizzers !!!
    what I think is If dat TCS and Last round wud have been 10 pointers - u wud have won it . Steve Jobs was awesome answer !!!!
  • I got 14 in the prelims, we dint qualify. How much did you people get?
  • we got 15
  • Congrats to Arnav and Apratim and to all the other winners, a fantastic debut performance from Arnav and Apratim, Am proud of you guys! :-) Keep up the good work. Excellent show...
    We got 15. The cut-off was 15. But missed out because Arnav and Apratim made it to the finals based on the "in-built tiebreaker"
    Good to see Arjun and Abhishek winning the Quiz. So we had three teams from Gyaan.in up on stage :-)
    @Aman - I got a Lunch Voucher at the Ambassador Hotel, Rubik's Cube and a watch! But then alas, my last year. Would have loved to be on stage. I knew 90 percent of the answers :-( But very happy at least one team from our school qualified....
  • i Got 8. At least we have three more years and scope for lots of improvement
  • yup...thats the spirit!!
    @prateek
    tough luck mate!!!
  • Congratulations everyone who got a position, and to the others who qualified! What prizes did they give out this time?
  • @Amrit - Yes bad luck seems to haunt me sometimes. Puffin, Banyan Tree and now TCS! Anyways no probs. You win some, you lose some.
    @Ankur - Laptops, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players, Backpacks, Lunch Coupons at 5 star Hotels and much more.
  • I won dhish dhish dhish. I won dhish dhish dhish
  • Congrats Arjun!
  • congrats arjun!!