gyaan.in

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged

gyaan.in was shut down on 24th September 2013. Thanks to the entire community which made this journey so awesomeballs. Read more.
Do you think gyaan should have a section for MUN's
  • I don't know whether I'm "infringing upon the founding principles of gyaan.in" or not, but what do you think about it???
    How many of you think that gyaan.in could do better if it has a portion dealing with MUN's, since both the activities are immensely popular??
  • What are 'MUNs'?
  • Google em up.......

According to Wikipedia baba

Model United Nations (also Model UN or MUN) is an academic simulation of the United Nations
    that aims to educate participants about current events, topics in
    international relations, diplomacy and the United Nations agenda.

The participants role-play as diplomats representing a nation or NGO
    in a simulated session of an organ (committee) of the United Nations,
    such as the Security Council or the General Assembly. Participants
    research a country, take on roles as diplomats, investigate
    international issues, debate, deliberate, consult, and then develop
    solutions to world problems. 

Ask around. You'll know. Debate in specifics......requires a lot of info(or gyaan)

Btw, Ur not joking...are u???

• I googled up this thing. And I actually came across it. Could not connect it with gyaan. Actually i have never heard about it on gyaan .So i don't think it'll be a great idea to have a section about it. + Even though it is the Nothing Official About it Indian Quiz Forum, It still is a Quiz forum :)
  • The only reason I thought so is because most of the MUN people have quizzing backgrounds.
    Plus, some schools have the MUN and Quiz club joint, for example, DPS Mathura Road and Ryan International School, Noida.
    Does the name Dhanajay Goel (not Sahai) sound familiar to you?
  • Well, no. I do participate in a lot of MUNs. I also know Goel pretty well. But, Gyaan.in should remain for quizzing, because a lot of people don't do both. There are exceptions. However a large number of people don't do both quiz and MUN and hence Gyaan.in shouldn't be opened to MUNs.
  • @virtuosovidit U d admin of this forum..?
  • @7Aces: There is not only a single Admin. Ankur Banerjee is the 'Root' and there are several moderators, including Vidit and me.
  • AFAIK (and I could be wrong) DPS Mathura Road's quiz club and MUN club are no longer related.

• What do you guyz think about having a redesign of this site... ? It has a pretty unattractive look, but with a redesigned look we could attract more new members, and spend more time around here....
  • I don't think that having a MUN section on the site is going to be a good idea. 
    Quizzers mostly no longer mix their interests.
  • Wont be a bad idea. 

• I agree with Abhishek