gyaan.in

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged

gyaan.in was shut down on 24th September 2013. Thanks to the entire community which made this journey so awesomeballs. Read more.
Ahlcon Public School Biz Quiz
  • I attended the Biz Quiz at the Commerce Fest at Ahlcon Public School, Mayur Vihar today, and it was pretty much the worst quiz I've been to in quite a while.
    The preliminary paper was a multiple choice paper with questions not within a million lightyears from the ambit of a 'Biz Quiz' and ambiguous options

E.g 'Which of these is not a constitutional body?'

a. Election Commission
    b. UPSC
    c. 'Finance' (?)
    d. Planning Commission

The answer's easy enough, but then topical quizzes ought to be kept on topic, right..

The team next to us took a sheet, wrote A, B, C and D on the four corners and spun a pen to guess what the answer was - interestingly, they qualified.
    We didn't. I clearly remembered tallying 20 correct answers, so I asked to see my question paper, and this teacher walks up and tells me I can't, it's against the 'rules'. I said, okay, declare the correct answers to the quiz at least? Negative again. Can I atleast know what the highest score was? No, you can't.
    The whole thing looked suspiciously rigged - I asked a friend I had in the school, and he's like, dude, I can't tell you all of this, it's secret : / 
    Further proving my point, the highest score on stage was 15 points, and I guess everyone else was on zero.
    I did ruin their quiz by making them cancel half the questions by prompting the answers though :p I just couldn't resist after someone on stage couldn't recognize the logo for Tommy Hilfiger.
    Anyhow, essentially, this is just a heads up for anyone who plans to attend next year.

• @amartya_sharan  This is not the worst quiz. i went to laxman public school yesterday for a science quiz and for the prelims u had ncert questions! also each team consisted of 2 members and each team member had to give his prelims separately. cut off was as high as 75 out of 80. we qualified for stage finals . whatever the host team answered was always right. the host team had 100 points and we even caught them cheating but laxman public took no action against them! team that came second had only 55 points and worse no prize for coming third!  host team had to win by hook or by crook!
  • also questions for host team were very easy!
  • What do you expect out of a school like 'ahlcon' public school. I bet half of up haven't even heard the name! The first time i did was when i saw an invite from their school for their tech fest, for which our school didn't bother to send any team. The point is you should select your quizzes carefully. Your standard shouldn't drop down. One more event which reminds of your misfortune is force fest at apeejay which was completely crap. Computers running on win 95, hopeless campus, and the list goes on. name! The first time i did was when i saw an invite from their school for their tech fest, for which our school didn't bother to send any team. The point is you should select your quizzes carefully. Your standard shouldn't drop down. One more event which reminds of your misfortune is force fest at apeejay which was completely crap. Computers running on win 95, hopeless campus, and the list goes on.
  • My school'd already registered for the event, and they needed someone to go for the quiz, so I went. 
    I've already asked my school not to send teams there anymore. No other DPS or respectable Delhi School went there in any case (with the exception of Amity). 

@Anirudh25 Haha, dude, Windows 95! What were you playing, Minesweeper or some shit ? : p 
    You've got a point though, it makes sense to be a little selective..
  • it does. Sadly all events except gaming were on win 95. And, that too gaming was on machines with only 1 gb ram!